A resident of Livingston, Geraldine "Gerry" Bare Pope passed away at the Butterfly Wing at the Baton Rouge General on Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2016, at the age of 77. Visitation will be held at Seale Funeral Home, Livingston, on Saturday, Aug. 27, beginning at 9 a.m. Funeral services will be held at noon. Burial will follow in Old Red Oak Cemetery, Livingston. She is survived by her two sons, Mack Pope and John Pope; six grandchildren; a great-grandchild and one expected in October; and two nieces. She was preceded in death by her parents, John H. and Mary Alice Bare; husband, Mack Pope III; and brother, John H. "Dinks" Bare Jr. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to a breast cancer research charity. Sign the online guest book at www.sealefuneral.com.
- Tropical storm formation from gulf systems elevated to 90 percent probability; officials urge early preparation
- UPDATE: Sandbags, other preparations continue as tropical storm warnings prevail along Gulf Coast
- 'Broken Heart IV' child porn investigation reaches into Livingston Parish
- Denham Springs residents air their opinions, and more, at community meeting
- UPDATE: Tropical Storm Cindy could bring large amount of rainfall; free sandbags available throughout Livingston Parish
- Takumi brings hibachi to Livingston Parish dining scene
- Capital Outlay Bill includes numerous projects for Livingston Parish
- Felony Arrests published June 15, 2017
- Senate unanimously approves amendment on "Nick Tullier Bill"
- LSPO: Suspect's account of Kayla Denham murder "does not fully support findings of investigation"