John Lucien Godso Jr., 80 years old, passed away Aug. 22, 2016. John was born Jan. 21, 1936, to John L Godso Sr. and Mamie (LaFleur) Godso. He was the oldest of nine and was a resident of Port Vincent. John graduated from LSU in Chemical Engineering and worked for Duriron Company for 25 years before founding his own company in 1984, G.C.I. (Gulf Coast Industrial Equipment), a Duriron distributor of pumps and valves for the Gulf South. He sold his company in 2010 and it is still operating today. He was an astute and dedicated business man and a good friend to all. His legacy in the pump industry will forever be remembered. John loved his home on the river, racquetball and watching LSU football. He was a devoted husband and loving father and is survived by his beloved wife, Madison, and his four children, Ian (Julie), Donna (Pete), Randall, and Brandi (Michael); four grandchildren, Keith, Connor, Ava and Jackson; and five great-grandchildren; three brothers, Dennis, Jim and Ronald; and five sisters, Mary Louise, Betty, Patty, Jeanie and Debbie. Services were held Thursday, Aug. 25, at Seale Funeral Home in Livingston until religious services. Burial followed in Felders Cemetery in Denham Springs. Relatives and friends were invited to celebrate his life. In lieu of flowers, the family ask that you make a donation to help flood victims or to the church or charity of your choice. Sign the online guest book at www.sealefuneral.com.
- Tropical storm formation from gulf systems elevated to 90 percent probability; officials urge early preparation
- UPDATE: Sandbags, other preparations continue as tropical storm warnings prevail along Gulf Coast
- 'Broken Heart IV' child porn investigation reaches into Livingston Parish
- Denham Springs residents air their opinions, and more, at community meeting
- UPDATE: Tropical Storm Cindy could bring large amount of rainfall; free sandbags available throughout Livingston Parish
- Takumi brings hibachi to Livingston Parish dining scene
- Capital Outlay Bill includes numerous projects for Livingston Parish
- Felony Arrests published June 15, 2017
- Senate unanimously approves amendment on "Nick Tullier Bill"
- LSPO: Suspect's account of Kayla Denham murder "does not fully support findings of investigation"