“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7. Leon P. Hebert, 82, was born on June 4, 1934, and passed away on Aug. 18, 2016. He was a resident of Colyell and a native of Gonzales. He was the loving husband of Jean Ferguson Hebert. He is survived by his sister, Eve Poche; sons, Calvin (Betsy), Lonnie (Lynette), Darrin (Sherry), daughters, Sandra (Tinker) and Debbie; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by parents, Vincent and Rosalie Hebert; brothers, Vincent Hebert Jr., Leus Hebert and Lucien Hebert; and great-grandson, Gabriel Teal. Leon was retired from Holsum Bakery and served four years in the U.S. Air Force. Visitation was at Pine Grove Baptist Church, Livingston, followed by funeral services. Interment was in the church cemetery under the direction of Church Funeral Services. Pallbearers were Thomas Poche, Alan Poche, Norman Hebert, Stephen Hebert, Earl Watts and Dale Watts. Honorary pallbearers were Joseph and Carl Watts. Memorials preferred to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- Tropical storm formation from gulf systems elevated to 90 percent probability; officials urge early preparation
- UPDATE: Sandbags, other preparations continue as tropical storm warnings prevail along Gulf Coast
- 'Broken Heart IV' child porn investigation reaches into Livingston Parish
- Denham Springs residents air their opinions, and more, at community meeting
- UPDATE: Tropical Storm Cindy could bring large amount of rainfall; free sandbags available throughout Livingston Parish
- Takumi brings hibachi to Livingston Parish dining scene
- Capital Outlay Bill includes numerous projects for Livingston Parish
- Felony Arrests published June 15, 2017
- Senate unanimously approves amendment on "Nick Tullier Bill"
- LSPO: Suspect's account of Kayla Denham murder "does not fully support findings of investigation"