Treissie Story Tate, 99, passed away on Friday, Aug. 19, 2016, at her home in Watson. She was a longtime member of Live Oak United Methodist Church. She loved all people. A few of the things she loved most were family, Sunday School, quilting, cooking, and sewing. Visitation was at Live Oak United Methodist Church, Watson, on Tuesday, Aug 23, until service, officiated by the Rev. Mark Crosby. Burial followed in the church cemetery. She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, David and Jan Tate; grandchildren, Davy Tate and wife Kellie, and Shanda Tate; great-grandchildren, Jacob, Lauren, and Anna Dale, Dylan and Landon Tate; as well as numerous other family and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband, Elton A. Tate; parents, Alvah and Emma King Story; sisters, Ina Fugler and Mittie Dee Hano; and brother, Leonard Story. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Live Oak United Methodist Building Fund or to the Gideons.
- Felony Arrests published July 20, 2017
- LPSO: Death of 61-year-old man found in Walker likely foul play
- Christian Youth Theater in Denham Springs to begin Aug. 10
- Fixing I-12 barrier as important as lawsuit, attorney says
- State Police: Walker woman dies in two-vehicle crash
- "License to Steal" | Fraud goes unpunished as NFIP, insurance companies bilk storm victims, attorney says
- School Board OKs 50-acre purchase on 4H Club Road
- BASEBALL | Parish's 5A teams find signs of progress during Metro League season
- Construction scheduled to begin within a month on Palms at Juban Lake luxury apartment complex
- Livingston Parish to receive $68 million in HMGP funds for recovery from Great Flood of 2016
According to multiple reports, former LSU head coach Les Miles has interest in the Ole Miss head job vacated by Hugh Freeze last Thursday.