Long-time business Benton Bros. Antiques suffers late-night fire

Fire crews work a fire at Benton Bros. Antiques, located in the Denham Springs Antique Village late on the night of Friday, March 10, 2023.

Benton Bros. Antiques, one of the longest-standing businesses in Livingston Parish, suffered a late-night fire Friday, according to the owners.

“There was a fire tonight at our family business,” the owners said on a Facebook post. “We don’t have any details yet. Please keep us and our dealers in your prayers.”

No other details on the fire were immediately available.


According to the Denham Springs Fire Department, they responded to a call at 9:55 p.m., and arrived on scene roughly 4 minutes later - just before 10 p.m. Richard Stafford, Denham Springs Fire Chief, said that it took about 60 minutes to contain the fire.

According to Stafford, the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical issue 'near the central air conditioning unit.'

"The building suffered moderate to heavy fire damage," Stafford said in an e-mail to the News. "There were no injuries reported."

Located in the Denham Springs Antique Village, Benton Bros. Antiques has been in business since the 1930s.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.