Native plants: They are the foundations of our local ecosystems, providing food for birds, pollinators, fungi and much more. People everywhere are now looking to bring native plants into their home or workplace. But where do we start? Join Matthew Herron, of the Coastal Plains Outdoor School, as we explore what native plants are, where you can find them and why they are so important and useful. Come get inspired and learn how to bring biodiversity to where we live, work and go to school. Program includes a presentation, discussion and hands-on activities for the family. The program is part of the "Explore Nature Family Program" and will be held at the Southeastern Livingston Center on Tuesday, March 31, from 6-7 p.m.
- Sandbags to be available at Sidney Hutchinson Park in Walker ahead of stormy weekend
- Seven new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths in Livingston Parish as state reports 4-percent positivity rate on Thursday
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | State tournament returning to University Center in Hammond
- Tropical Storm Cristobal downgrades to depression but could strengthen Friday
- ‘We finally can welcome visitors back to Louisiana’ | Welcome centers to open across the state in Phase Two, Nungesser says
- 42 million file for unemployment as of May 29, jumps are getting smaller
- Gardner, Manchin tout bipartisan Great American Outdoors Act to help restart the economy
- States facing public pension crisis nationwide
- ‘Peaceful march’ planned in Denham Springs for 6 p.m. Tuesday
- ‘Everybody loved him’ | U.S. Marines come from across the country to pay final respects to George Baker
- Livingston Parish reports nine new COVID-19 cases, one new death as state surpasses 39K reported cases
- Denham Springs Junior High principal semi-finalist for state Principal of the Year award
- Livingston Parish reports new COVID-19 related death for second straight day, five new cases
- Sen. Cassidy joins bi-partisan legislation to protect personal privacy, promote public health through COVID-19 apps
- Three arrested for motor home fire, including two in Livingston Parish
- Court News May 2020
- Gov. Edwards commends Louisiana’s ‘peaceful’ protests after ‘egregious’ death of George Floyd
- Maurepas teenager dies in Ascension Parish crash, State Police reports
- The Livingston Parish News Morning Show - June 1, 2020!
- PODCAST | The Livingston Parish News Morning Show - June 2, 2020!
- PODCAST | The Livingston Parish News Morning Show - June 3, 2020!
- PODCAST | The Livingston Parish News Morning Show - May 29, 2020!
- PODCAST | The way forward for Livingston Parish Public Schools
- PODCAST | Graves talks new Denham schools, flood insurance legislation
- PODCAST | The Livingston Parish News Morning Show - May 28, 2020!
- PODCAST | The Livingston Parish News Morning Show - June 4, 2020!
- Trooper George Baker honored with memorial service, funeral procession | Photo Gallery
- Protesters hit the streets for peaceful march through Denham Springs | Photo Gallery
- Doyle High seniors parade through Town of Livingston | Photo Gallery
- Live Oak High seniors parade through Watson community | Photo Gallery
- Holden High seniors celebrate with parade through the community | Photo Gallery
- Maurepas High holds parade for Class of 2020 | Photo Gallery
- Denham Springs High seniors parade through the city on a rainy day | Photo Gallery
- People celebrate Cinco de Mayo 2020 | Photo Gallery