Alma Rosalie Anderson Cahill, a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, great-great-grandmother, sister, aunt and friend, went to be with her Lord and Savior on Sunday May 12, 2019. She was 83 years old. Alma retired from the Louisiana DOTD after 27 years. She leaves behind to cherish her memories, her loving husband of 67 years, Augustine Cahill; two daughters, Kim Bourque and husband Wilton, Kathleen Guidry and husband Jay; three sons, Charles Cahill and wife Pam, Gerard Cahill, Benjamin Cahill and wife Amie; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; one great-great-granddaughter; three sisters, Janet Brown, Barbara Nolan, Linda Hocke; brother, Alfred Anderson and wife Donna; numerous nieces, nephews and friends. She will be missed by all who knew and loved her. Visitation will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church, in French Settlement, on Friday May 17, 2019, from 10 a.m. until Mass of Christian Burial at 12 p.m., conducted by Fr. Jason Palermo. Burial will follow in St. Williams Cemetery. She was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Alma Anderson; sister, Estelle Sander and a granddaughter, Christine Andrews. Condolences may be offered at www.sealefuneral.com.
- BREAKING | Livingston Parish officials issue parish wide curfew from Saturday's dusk until Sunday's dawn
- UPDATED | Amite levels increasing at French Settlement, Maurepas; forecast crests still high despite rain decrease
- Rivers begin rising after heavy rains Sunday morning and afternoon; some crests increased
- TROPICS UPDATE | Flash flood threat now encompasses all of Livingston Parish, current path has eye just west of Baton Rouge
- BASKETBALL | Former Springfield standout Chaney returns to alma mater as assistant coach
- HURRICANE BARRY | Track has shifted west again, National Hurricane Center reduces parish's rainfall totals as of 1:45 p.m.
- Livingston Parish officials ask individuals hold onto sandbags, hurricane season just beginning
- TROPICS UPDATE | Barry has strengthened to sustained winds of 65 mph; storm surge, flood warnings in effect for Livingston Parish
- BARRY | Storm weakening, but heavy rain totals still expected for Livingston Parish tonight; officials urge vigilance
- TROPICS UPDATE | Barry slows, strengthens; path moves back westward slightly