Carrie Elaine Walker passed Sunday, July 8, 2018, at her residence in Denham Springs. She was 80 years old and a native of Baywood, Louisiana. She was a homemaker. She is survived by son Leroy Partin and his wife Jerry Partin; their kids, David Jenkins and Amanda Jenkins, daughter Debra Hood and her husband Mike Hood; their daughters, Dawn Henderson and Nickie Henderson; son Ronald Partin and his kids Jason Partin and Kristi Partin; daughter Carrie Partin and her sons William Partin and Brandon Partin; brother Huey Collier and his wife Ossie Cillier; as well as numerous nephews, nieces and grandkids. She is preceded in death by parents Maudie Allen and Joseph Benjamin, as well as family members Elena Partin, Betty Mae Collier, Josiah Collier, Albert Partin and Bill Duncan. Graveside services will be held Sunday, July 15, 2018, at 1 p.m. at South Union Cemetery, located at 312 Hwy. 37 Clinton, LA, 70722.
- MORE THAN JUST A TRAMPOLINE PARK | Livingston Square developers hope to open during 2nd anniversary of Great Flood, commemorate rejuvenated center
- Local tanning salon named second-best in state by Best Things Louisiana
- BOYS BASKETBALL | Sessions accepts Mandeville head coaching position after three years at Denham Springs
- BASKETBALL | Albany's Bobby Olah comes full circle with induction into Hall of Fame
- School system prepares for growth of non-English speaking students
- Four arrested after LPSO detectives carry out search warrant
- ATHLETICS | Karen Hoyt reflects on her first year with the Louisiana High School Athletic Association
- ‘We needed this’ | Hebert’s Cajun Meats and Diner holds second Walker Farmers Market
- School Board candidates lead opening day of election qualifying
- Kelly Michelle Blount
ATLANTA — In his 17th appearance at Southeastern Conference Media Days, Alabama's Nick Saban fielded questions about quarterbacks, his coaching future, quarterbacks, his revamped coaching staff and, of course, quarterbacks.