John Huey Miller passed peacefully from this earth to his heavenly Father on Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018, at the age of 81 years old at his home in Denham Springs, Louisiana. Born May 12, 1937, he was a native of Church Point, Louisiana. Huey is survived by wife Vickie Rose Frederick-Miller and four step-sons, Brent C. Frederick, Kenneth L. Frederick, Kelly L. Frederick, & Michael J. Frederick; second wife, Elizabeth Swaggerty-Miller and three step-sons, Randy Combetta, Timothy Combetta, & Jeffrey Combetta; two sons, Michael Miller and Joseph Miller; three grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. The oldest of 2 sons, he is preceded in death by parents, Leroy and Odille Miller; brother, Larry James Miller; and first wife, Bernita (Neno) Doiga-Miller. This very gentle spirited man was an avid fisherman, talented accordion player, and a soft-hearted Cajun who will be greatly missed by all who loved and knew him. A memorial service to celebrate his life will be held Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, at GraceWorks Church, 16131 LA Hwy. 44, Prairieville, LA, Pastor Bill Pruitt. Immediately following will be a gathering at the home of Kelly & Ronnell Frederick on the river. If you would like to be water baptized, bring a change of clothes and a towel. God bless you all!
- Baton Rouge businessman buys John Schneider property for $385K; film studio could stay in operation
- Despite turmoil, Cypress Pharmacy takes leap and opens stand alone store in south Denham Springs
- Hungarian Settlement Historical Society releases cookbook five years in the making
- Congressmen Graves, Richmond advance two amendments as U.S. House considers disaster aid package
- After announcing purchase of 'New City Hall,' Denham officials jump in with property owners to develop downtown improvement plan
- BOYS BASKETBALL | Instant Classic! JV Johnson hits game-winning basket to lift Jackets over Eagles
- Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office auction scheduled for 52-acre John Schneider Studio on Wednesday
- Sheriff's detectives seek pair in early-morning store thefts
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | Woods' 34 points, solid defensive effort catapult Lady Hornets over Lady Tigers
- BOYS SOCCER | No. 3 Yellow Jackets overcome windy conditions, Greenies with pair of second-half goals
The missed pass interference call seen around the world was the main takeaway from the Saints and Rams NFC Championship game, but the offense says there were some early opportunities they feel factored in to the final score.