Shelby Jean Bethune Charlton went to her Heavenly home on Saturday, July 6, 2019, at the age of 77. She was a resident of Denham Springs, and native of Thomaston, GA. She leaves behind her daughter, Tammy Waddell and husband Billy; brother, Ronnie Bethune; grandchildren, Mandy Bihm and husband Jeremy, Jennifer Hailey, L.B. Waddell and his wife Tiffany; great-grandchildren, Savannah, Austin, Addy, Brielle, Braxon, Ellie, Layla, Logan, Lauren, and one more expected January 2020; step-daughter, Carol Gaspard and her husband Dino; as well as numerous other loving family members and friends. Shelby is preceded in death by her husband, Mac Charlton; parents, George and Odessa Bethune; Brothers, Jack Bethune, Wesley Bethune and his wife Thelma; sister, Dorothy Sikes and her husband Hugh. Relatives and friends of the family are invited to attend the visitation from the chapel of McLin & Manley Funeral Home, Walker, on Tuesday, July 9, 2019, from 4 p.m. until the funeral service at 5 p.m. In Lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made to St. Jude Children’s Hospital in memory of Shelby Charlton.
- Impairment, high speed suspected in fatal crash of 19-year-old near Killian
- BREAKING | Livingston Parish officials issue parish wide curfew from Saturday's dusk until Sunday's dawn
- UPDATED | Amite levels increasing at French Settlement, Maurepas; forecast crests still high despite rain decrease
- Rivers begin rising after heavy rains Sunday morning and afternoon; some crests increased
- BASKETBALL | Former Springfield standout Chaney returns to alma mater as assistant coach
- HURRICANE BARRY | Track has shifted west again, National Hurricane Center reduces parish's rainfall totals as of 1:45 p.m.
- Livingston Parish officials ask individuals hold onto sandbags, hurricane season just beginning
- ‘Just a Louisiana boy’ | Second episode of ‘American Idol Story’ shows Laine Hardy back at his roots
- BARRY | Storm weakening, but heavy rain totals still expected for Livingston Parish tonight; officials urge vigilance
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office seeks missing 15-year-old girl