Born April 25 1963, Tharan James Averett found peace after a lengthy battle with heart and lung issues and went home to the Lord on April 29, 2019. He is succeeded by his two daughters, Hannah and Donna Averett; his parents, Tildon “TJ” and Lillie Averett; his brother, Wiley Averett; and sister, Stephanie Hardy. He will be remembered forever as a loving father, son, and brother. We ask at this time you keep Tharan's family and loved ones in your thoughts and prayers as they mourn his passing. The viewing will be held on Friday, May 3, at Colyell Baptist Church from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., followed by the funeral service and burial.
- BREAKING | Livingston Parish officials issue parish wide curfew from Saturday's dusk until Sunday's dawn
- TROPICS UPDATE | Flash flood threat now encompasses all of Livingston Parish, current path has eye just west of Baton Rouge
- UPDATED | Amite levels increasing at French Settlement, Maurepas; forecast crests still high despite rain decrease
- Rivers begin rising after heavy rains Sunday morning and afternoon; some crests increased
- TROPICS UPDATE | Little change in path overnight, rain and storm surge biggest threats
- BASKETBALL | Former Springfield standout Chaney returns to alma mater as assistant coach
- TROPICS UPDATE | Barry slows, strengthens; path moves back westward slightly
- HURRICANE BARRY | Track has shifted west again, National Hurricane Center reduces parish's rainfall totals as of 1:45 p.m.
- Livingston Parish officials ask individuals hold onto sandbags, hurricane season just beginning
- Sand, sandbags now available at Livingston Parish fire stations for coming weather