House impeachment manager Rep. Jamie Raskin opened the trial against former President Donald Trump arguing that allowing Trump's actions to go unpunished would create a dangerous new "January exception to the Constitution of the United States." (Feb. 9)
Raskin presented the case against Trump by introducing a more than 10-minute-long video. It juxtaposed Trump's speech, rioters walking to the Capitol and what was happening inside the building at the time.
The opening video showed Trump telling his supporters to "fight like hell" and criticizing Vice President Mike Pence as his supporters descended on the Capitol.
It also showed Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell calling Trump's baseless claims "conspiracy theories" on the Senate floor as the chaos raged outside.
The video focused in on multiple attacks on police, where rioters broke through barriers and forced the outnumbered officers who had been told not to draw their weapons were forced to retreat. "We outnumber you a million to one!" they yell. In another they scream epithets.
Subscribe for more Breaking News: http://smarturl.it/AssociatedPress
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/82ed552d458240e28e276cb038c3e5b0
As featured on
- ‘She will be dearly missed’ | Beloved music educator passes away, family announces
- Detectives searching for suspect — or suspects — who stole firearms, jewelry, off-road vehicle from residence
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office searching for 21-year-old wanted for firearm theft
- ‘We’re stepping it up’ | Boat and car stunts, live music, crawfish eating contest on the docket for annual ‘Bo’s Extravaganza’
- State Police: French Settlement man dies in St. Martin Parish crash
- Livingston Parish sheriff: Fugitive arrested after vehicle pursuit, foot chase; drugs, cash, weapons seized
- Denham Springs man arrested for indecent behavior with juvenile after LSP investigation
- What’s coming up in Livingston Parish - April 8
- A big return: Denham Springs Fair attracts thousands to South Park
- Authorities arrest 21-year-old suspected of ‘inappropriately’ touching female customers
- Thousands come out for Denham Springs Fair | Photo Gallery
- BASEBALL | Live Oak defeats Walker in district clash, 8-4 | Photo Gallery
- Le Chien Running Club presents Crescent City Classic | Photo Gallery
- BASEBALL | Albany rallies for 18-10 win over Sumner | Photo Gallery
- BASEBALL | Live Oak holds off Zachary for 4-1 win | Photo Gallery
- SOFTBALL | Walker at DSHS | Photo Gallery
- BASEBALL | Denham Springs falls to Zachary, 7-3 | Photo Gallery
- Student artwork fills Arts Council's latest exhibit | Photo Gallery
- Live Oak scores 5-4 win over Central | Photo Gallery
- TRACK & FIELD | Livingston Parish Championship | Photo Gallery