The Livingston Parish News, founded in 1898, has a long and distinguished record of service to the people and communities of Livingston Parish, Louisiana. Published twice weekly in its traditional print form, The News serves as Official Journal for the Livingston Parish President, the Livingston Parish Council, The Livingston Parish School Board, the City of Denham Springs, the City of Walker, the Town of Livingston, the Village of Albany, the Town of Springfield, the Village of French Settlement, the Village of Port Vincent, the Village of Killian, and other special government districts in Livingston Parish. The News is also available online at livingstonparishnews.com.
The News is a locally owned and operated full-service news source, which features articles online, in print, and via social media regarding local events - including sports, opinion, politics, lifestyle, and the arts. The Livingston Parish News serves as the publication of record for Livingston Parish births, deaths, weddings, engagements, social events, court news, entertainment and other items of special interest to Livingston Parish.
During its more than 100 years of publication, The News has received over 500 awards for journalistic excellence at both the state and national level.
The News is an active member of the National Newspaper Association and the Louisiana Press Association.
1) Honesty & Integrity
The Livingston Parish News strives to be the source for community news in Livingston Parish; no matter how big - or small - the story. Like any community, the News utilizes teamwork to make sure that the facts are presented with honesty and integrity across all of our media platforms.
The Livingston Parish News
McHugh David -- Publisher / Managing Editor
Jesse Gray -- Advertising Rep.
Karen Brooks -- Assistant Advertising Director
Russell Paul -- Circulation Director
David Gray -- Lifestyle Editor
John Dupont -- Reporter
Kevin Fambrough -- Reporter
William Weathers -- Sports Editor
Morgan Prewitt -- Photographer
Paul Hatton -- Graphics
Jamie Webb -- Reporter / Graphics
Rob DeArmond -- Reporter / Social Media
Drew Walker -- Community Liasion
The Livingston Parish News
P.O. Box 1529
Denham Springs, LA. 70727-1529
Telephone: (225) 665-5176
Contact our departments via email by visiting the Contact Us page
- IDOL WATCH: Laine Hardy advances to Top 10 of American Idol
- BOYS BASKETBALL | French Settlement tabs former Lion Jake Bourgeois has new head coach
- BOYS BASKETBALL | Kenny Almond steps down as Holden basketball coach; Landon DuBois to take over program
- IDOL WATCH: Laine Hardy advances to Top 14 of American Idol
- Livingston Parish Council authorizes Parish President Layton Ricks to seek a legal counsel for FEMA arbitration
- Denham Springs man faces 20 years in prison after plea in 2017 slaying
- Felony arrests for Feb. 1-6, 2019
- BASEBALL | Live Oak remains in first place with quick start, dramatic finish against Walker
- BASEBALL | Yellow Jackets pick up key shutout victory after Diez outduels Eagles' McCoy, 1-0
- WAR OF WORDS | Tensions flare between opponents, supporters of proposed fee for Livingston Parish Mosquito Abatement District 2 & 3