The Livingston Parish News, founded in 1898, has a long and distinguished record of service to the people and communities of Livingston Parish, Louisiana. Published twice weekly in its traditional print form, The News serves as Official Journal for the Livingston Parish President, the Livingston Parish Council, The Livingston Parish School Board, the City of Denham Springs, the City of Walker, the Town of Livingston, the Village of Albany, the Town of Springfield, the Village of French Settlement, the Village of Port Vincent, the Village of Killian, and other special government districts in Livingston Parish. The News is also available online at livingstonparishnews.com.
The News is a locally owned and operated full-service news source, which features articles online, in print, and via social media regarding local events - including sports, opinion, politics, lifestyle, and the arts. The Livingston Parish News serves as the publication of record for Livingston Parish births, deaths, weddings, engagements, social events, court news, entertainment and other items of special interest to Livingston Parish.
During its more than 100 years of publication, The News has received over 500 awards for journalistic excellence at both the state and national level.
The News is an active member of the National Newspaper Association and the Louisiana Press Association.
1) Honesty & Integrity
The Livingston Parish News strives to be the source for community news in Livingston Parish; no matter how big - or small - the story. Like any community, the News utilizes teamwork to make sure that the facts are presented with honesty and integrity across all of our media platforms.
The Livingston Parish News
McHugh David -- Publisher / Managing Editor (email@example.com)
Nancy David -- Publisher / National Advertising (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jesse Gray -- Advertising Rep. (email@example.com)
Karen Brooks -- Classified Advertising Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
David Gray -- Lifestyle Editor (email@example.com)
Kevin Fambrough -- Reporter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
William Weathers -- Sports Editor (email@example.com)
Morgan Prewitt -- Photographer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Paul Hatton -- Graphics (email@example.com)
Jamie Webb -- Reporter / Graphics (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rob DeArmond -- Reporter / Social Media (email@example.com)
Drew Walker -- Community Liasion (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Livingston Parish News
P.O. Box 1529
Denham Springs, LA. 70727-1529
Telephone: (225) 665-5176
Contact our departments via email by visiting the Contact Us page
- BREAKING | Livingston Parish officials issue parish wide curfew from Saturday's dusk until Sunday's dawn
- TROPICS UPDATE | Flash flood threat now encompasses all of Livingston Parish, current path has eye just west of Baton Rouge
- UPDATED | Amite levels increasing at French Settlement, Maurepas; forecast crests still high despite rain decrease
- Rivers begin rising after heavy rains Sunday morning and afternoon; some crests increased
- TROPICS UPDATE | Little change in path overnight, rain and storm surge biggest threats
- BASKETBALL | Former Springfield standout Chaney returns to alma mater as assistant coach
- TROPICS UPDATE | Barry slows, strengthens; path moves back westward slightly
- HURRICANE BARRY | Track has shifted west again, National Hurricane Center reduces parish's rainfall totals as of 1:45 p.m.
- Livingston Parish officials ask individuals hold onto sandbags, hurricane season just beginning
- Sand, sandbags now available at Livingston Parish fire stations for coming weather