The Livingston Parish News, founded in 1898, has a long and distinguished record of service to the people and communities of Livingston Parish, Louisiana. Published twice weekly in its traditional print form, The News serves as Official Journal for the Livingston Parish President, the Livingston Parish Council, The Livingston Parish School Board, the City of Denham Springs, the City of Walker, the Town of Livingston, the Village of Albany, the Town of Springfield, the Village of French Settlement, the Village of Port Vincent, the Village of Killian, and other special government districts in Livingston Parish. The News is also available online at livingstonparishnews.com.
The News is a locally owned and operated full-service news source, which features articles online, in print, and via social media regarding local events - including sports, opinion, politics, lifestyle, and the arts. The Livingston Parish News serves as the publication of record for Livingston Parish births, deaths, weddings, engagements, social events, court news, entertainment and other items of special interest to Livingston Parish.
During its more than 100 years of publication, The News has received over 500 awards for journalistic excellence at both the state and national level.
The News is an active member of the National Newspaper Association and the Louisiana Press Association.
1) Honesty & Integrity
The Livingston Parish News strives to be the source for community news in Livingston Parish; no matter how big - or small - the story. Like any community, the News utilizes teamwork to make sure that the facts are presented with honesty and integrity across all of our media platforms.
The Livingston Parish News
McHugh David -- Publisher / Managing Editor
Miranda Osborne -- Advertising Rep.
Lori Christiansen -- Advertising Rep.
Karen Brooks -- Assistant Advertising Director
Ashleigh David -- Business Manager / National Advertising Rep.
Russell Paul -- Circulation Director
David Gray -- Lifestyle Editor
John Dupont -- Reporter
Kevin Fambrough -- Reporter
William Weathers -- Sports Editor
Morgan Prewitt -- Photographer
Paul Hatton -- Graphics
Jamie Webb -- Reporter / Graphics
Rob DeArmond -- Reporter / Social Media
The Livingston Parish News
P.O. Box 1529
Denham Springs, LA. 70727-1529
Telephone: (225) 665-5176
Contact our departments via email by visiting the Contact Us page
- ‘L-S-U’ | Four Denham Springs High graduates live out dream on LSU cheerleading squad
- Graves creates "Go Fund Me" account to help LSU pay $100,000 fine levied after upset victory over Georgia
- Third fatal accident in two days takes life of Mississippi man Saturday night in Denham Springs
- Madison Watts named ‘Miss Livingston Parish’ during annual pageant
- LOUISIANA MAN, LOUISIANA BUSINESS | After eight years in Livingston Parish, Rotolo's franchisee re-ups community commitment
- Residential and commercial development, infrastructure top priorities in Albany mayoral race
- FOOTBALL | Statewide rankings
- Mallory Ott named 2018 Walker High homecoming queen
- CROSS COUNTRY | Zeller captures girls individual title, helps Lady Eagles to fourth straight team crown
- Angry Walker residents fear heavy traffic, greater flood risk from proposed 300-lot subdivision on Duff Road