LIVINGSTON – Warmer than average temperatures over the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea, along with a weak or non-existent El Nino, could trigger an above-normal 2017 hurricane season, which begins Thursday. Read more
WALKER – The Walker Police Department has launched its 13th Annual From Our Uniform to Yours drive to collect uniforms for schoolchildren. Read more
- Jefferson Financial reopening to include goodies, pet adoptions
- Clegg's Nursery, True Value donate paint to DSHS
- Gov. Edwards Signs Bill to Help Veterans Find Jobs After Military Service
- Sheriff's Office to conduct sobriety checkpoint Friday
- Officials hold closed-door meeting on Comite River Diversion Canal
While perennial powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas rolled to the District 9-2A championship and garnered six first-team spots, the three Livingston Parish rivals who round out the league made their presence felt when the all-district team was voted on.
- SOFTBALL | Maurepas' Marchand, Lessard, Kraft lead 2017 All-District 8-C squad
- SOFTBALL | Area players dot All-District 9-2A team
- SUMMER BASEBALL | Louisiana Knights have a distinct parish flavor under Jim McChristian
- Wood Bat Tournament | Scoreboard & schedule
- BASEBALL | Live Oak seizes early control vs. Catholic to kick off two-win day at Wood Bat Tournament
The Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Department’s D.A.R.E. officers recently graduated fifth-grade students they had instructed in drug resistance classes during the 2016 spring semester.
- Livingston Council on Aging celebrates 44th anniversary with "Flashback to the 50s"
- Evergreen Memorial Park site of Veterans of Foreign Wars' special Memorial Day service
- Livingston Parish Library kicks off Summer Reading Program "Build a Better World...Read"
- Lane Auxiliary awards scholarship to area student
- French Settlement High School graduation | Photo gallery
It’s completely possible that whoever does win the expected runoff this fall for state treasurer will spend less than $1 million during the primary. That translates into an affordable victory for some lucky Louisiana politician.
The Livingston Parish Library opened registration for its Summer Reading Program “Build a Better World… Read!” with a special kick-off day at all five branches on Thursday, May 25.
- After cancelling art show last fall, Denham Springs Fine Arts Association back in action with spring exhibit
- Grand Country Junction celebrates the "Fabulous 50s"
- Randy Blanchard's 1953 Pontiac Chieftan big winner at Knights of Columbus car show
- Denham Springs Wind Ensemble one of six high school bands selected for Carnegie Hall festival
- Suburban Reviewers Book Club tours Saint Joseph Abbey and Seminar College