Sandbags will be available for Walker residents Thursday afternoon at Sidney Hutchinson Park, the city has announced. Read more
- Seven new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths in Livingston Parish as state reports 4-percent positivity rate on Thursday
- Tropical Storm Cristobal downgrades to depression but could strengthen Friday
- States facing public pension crisis nationwide
- OPINION | Editorial: The America that we have become is the America that we must change
- ‘Now is the time to prepare’ | Gov. Edwards urges residents to ‘get a game plan’ as Tropical Storm Cristobal moves toward Louisiana
(The Center Square) – Jailing people who have not been convicted of a crime costs Louisiana taxpayers almost $290 million annually, according to a report made public Friday. Read more
- Report: Pretrial incarceration costs Louisiana $290 million annually
- Louisiana state education board asking for $80 million funding increase
- Parish council heats up over vote to accept road into parish's program; underlying issues to be discussed in committee
- Proposed Louisiana legislation addresses redistricting, voting by mail and purging inactive voters
- East Baton Rouge Council drops tax exemption request for Lakes at Juban Crossing off agenda
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association’s Non-Select Girls’ Marsh Madness Tournament will be back in a familiar location starting next season.
- ATHLETICS | LHSAA issues guidelines for start of summer workouts beginning Monday
- YOUTH SOCCER | PARDS names Zack Miller director of competitive soccer
- BASEBALL | French Settlement's Gannon Allison commits to Nunez Community College
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL | Southeastern ranked No. 17 in Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25
- ATHLETICS | LPPS athletic director Parrill, Springfield principal Harris weigh in on move to Phase II and how summer workouts will look different
Ella Otken, a 12-year piano student under Melanie Rushing, won three 12-year superior trophies in the 2020 Louisiana Federation of Music Clubs piano festival.
- Surprise parade held for Livingston Parish teacher following 40-year career | Photo Gallery
- Seventh Ward Elementary recognizes students for showing kindness
- Schools from Maurepas, French Settlement, Albany, Holden tally awards at Louisiana Junior Beta Convention
- A superior job: Denham Springs, Walker bands earn ‘superior’ ratings at District IV Large Ensemble Assessment
- Livingston Parish Public Schools breakfast, lunch menus for March 17-20
To begin, it's important to cover a few points of interest that are, in many cases, considered opinion - but are definitely the topics of the day.
- OPINION | Editorial: Bill would hurt small entrepreneurs when they are most in need of help
- OPINION | McHugh David: Legislation, to this point, has been an 'attempt' - why are we still seeking perfection?
- OPINION | William Haupt: Our nurses, the first responders of medicine
- OPINION | There are better ways to track COVID-19 than intrusive government mandates
- OPINION | McHugh David: Suprise! Americans hold the majority of the United states debt
DENHAM SPRINGS -- Everywhere he goes, Joshua Strickland never fails to mention where he’s from.
- Check out the shows going on this week across Livingston Parish, March 12-15
- Denham Springs High theatre department concluding year with original play ‘River and Juliana’
- Former American Idol contestant Ashton Gill releases debut single, five others to be released in ‘coming months’
- Talented art students take audiences ‘under the sea’ with production of ‘Little Mermaid, Jr.’
- Check out the shows going on this week across Livingston Parish, March 5-8