WASHINGTON -- U.S. Sens. John Kennedy (R-La.) and Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) introduced the Freedom Financing Act last week to ban financial institutions from denying service to certain constitutionally protected industries that are fully compliant with all laws and statutes. Read more
- Louisiana to receive $6 million grant to continue fight against growing opioid crisis; Livingston Parish records 30 opioid-related deaths in 2018
- Livingston Parish School Board recognizes DSHS graduate, SEC high jump champion
- Livingston Young Professionals' dodgeball tournament | Photo gallery
- Change orders save school system $10,000; Walker High work accepted as substantially complete
- DOTD opens bids for road construction, including La. 16 patching project
- BASEBALL | Yellow Jackets start fast behind Frye, get critical relief effort from Juan in 9-3 victory
- SOFTBALL | Dutchtown uses 12-run second inning to rout Maurepas
- BASEBALL | French Settlement holds off Runnels, 6-5
- SOFTBALL | Doyle goes 3-0 in Live Oak Tournament
- BASEBALL | Pitching, home runs key Doyle win over Sumner
All photos are available for sale through our website! Press 'Buy Now' and have access to everything from a variety of photo sizes, coffee mugs, posters, magnets, canvas prints and holiday cards!
All photos are available for sale through our website! Press 'Buy Now' and have access to everything from a variety of photo sizes, coffee mugs, posters, magnets, canvas prints, and holiday cards!
- Live Oak High fishing team nets first-place finish
- New York Times bestselling author to be featured in Southeastern’s ‘Common Read’ program
- Literacy and Technology Center to host 5th annual car show
- Grammy Award-winner David Phelps to perform at Greenwell Springs Baptist Church for Easter celebration
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church holds ceremony commemorating St. Joseph’s Altar
To answer another caller asking if there’s a process started to solve the problem of the terrible smell coming from the Walker landfill, the answer is no. If you wonder why, just follow the money and the history of how this landfill developed and expanded.
- OPINION | Editorial: Flood survivors have waited long enough
- OPINION | McHugh David: It will take a lot of shoe leather to get a gas tax passed
- OPINION | Call & Comment published Thursday, March 21, 2019
- OPINION | McHugh David: Cities get things done with grants, but should parish slice up revenue?
- OPINION | Pat Buchanan: How Middle America is to be dispossesed
- Students prep for ‘Into the Woods, Jr.’ production | Photo Gallery
- Talented Music Program to present 'Into the Woods, Jr.' March 21, 23
- Spotlight Theater Players to present 'Steel Magnolias'
- Spotlight Theater Players prepare for 'Steel Magnolias' | Photo Gallery
- Fairy tales to collide in ‘Into the Woods, Jr.’ production March 21, 23