Melanie Curtin, the defendant in a high-profile sex crimes case connected to a much larger investigation against former Livingston Parish sheriff’s lieutenant Dennis Perkins, has been found guilty of raping an unconscious woman seven years ago. Read more
A few years ago, Denham Springs Mayor Gerard Landry was doing some holiday shopping when an older gentleman approached him. Read more
- Governor announces boards and commissions appointments
- ‘A way to make learning history tangible’ | New Bartram trail historical marker unveiled in Port Vincent, first in Livingston Parish
- Impact fee ordinance going back to committee
- Impact fee ordinance could help address off-site drainage affected by new developments, councilman says
- Deadline looms to apply for individual assistance from FEMA. Here’s what’s been approved so far.
HAMMOND -- It’s been a couple of years since the Southeastern Louisiana University football program advanced to the second round of the FCS playoffs, but Lions coach Frank Scelfo is hoping the lessons he learned during his first time coaching in the postseason help the team this time around.
- BASKETBALL ROUNDUP | DSHS girls, Walker, FSHS, Live Oak boys post wins
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | West Feliciana at Denham Springs High | Photo gallery
- GIRLS SOCCER | Acadiana edges Walker, 3-2
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | Albany makes halftime adjustments to pull away from Donaldsonville
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | Defensive pressure sparks Walker win over Benton
DENHAM SPRINGS -- People who attended the Lighting of Old City Hall expected holiday tunes, hot cocoa, wagon rides, dazzling lights, and a visit from Santa Claus.
- Louisiana’s massive ‘Celebration Gator’ float set to debut in Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
- Seventh Ward Elementary recognizes students for showing responsibility
- Southeastern recognizes distinguished alumni, others at awards banquet
- Southeastern Channel named best in nation, Livingston Parish native among honorees
- French Settlement Beta members participate in Leadership Summit
Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have emphasized the environmental angle of their so-called “Build Back Better” Act. Many of these provisions, however, amount to little more than taxpayer-funded giveaways to renewable energy companies. No provision epitomizes this sad reality than the possible exte…
- OPINION | Proposed rail regulations would slow down Santa’s sleigh
- OPINION | Jim Spring: China's Hypersonic Missile Test: A Sputnik Moment for USA
- OPINION | Dr. Fauci warned about coronaviruses in 2003 but didn’t act on it
- OPINION | Is Big Tech bad at business?
- OPINION | Dated work regulations are hurting Louisianans
The Southeastern Louisiana University Symphony Orchestra will present a concert titled “American Classics” Dec. 1, at 7 p.m. in Pottle Music Auditorium.
- Denham Springs singer, Music Hall of Famer releases new album
- ‘Continue to fight’ | Walker man hopes to inspire others in book
- Southeastern theatre to present dark comedy ‘Big Love’ in unconventional venue
- Check out the entertainment lineup for Fall Fest
- Car show, food trucks, music to hit Denham Springs in upcoming festival