(The Center Square) – Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards announced a purported $10 billion investment from energy company Venture Global LNG on Thursday to develop a “carbon capture” liquefied natural gas facility in Cameron Parish. Read more
- Biden's vaccine mandate losses mount as 3 federal judges cite executive overreach in 2 days
- Treasurers from 14 states warn banks against targeting energy companies
- Attorneys present closing arguments in Curtin trial; jury begins deliberations
- FINANCE | Don’t avoid ‘taboo’ topics with older parents
- Closing arguments in Curtin case set for Friday
A few years ago, Denham Springs Mayor Gerard Landry was doing some holiday shopping when an older gentleman approached him. Read more
- Governor announces boards and commissions appointments
- ‘A way to make learning history tangible’ | New Bartram trail historical marker unveiled in Port Vincent, first in Livingston Parish
- Impact fee ordinance going back to committee
- Impact fee ordinance could help address off-site drainage affected by new developments, councilman says
- Deadline looms to apply for individual assistance from FEMA. Here’s what’s been approved so far.
HARRISONBURG, Va. – The No. 17 Southeastern Louisiana University football team’s postseason run ended with a 59-20 defeat by third-seeded James Madison in the second round of the NCAA FCS Playoffs Saturday afternoon in Bridgeforth Stadium.
- BOYS BASKETBALL | French Settlement hits reset button to roll past Maurepas
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | Young players get plenty of work as French Settlement tops Maurepas
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL | Scelfo hoping Lions' previous playoff experience pays off against James Madison
- BASKETBALL ROUNDUP | DSHS girls, Walker, FSHS, Live Oak boys post wins
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | West Feliciana at Denham Springs High | Photo gallery
DENHAM SPRINGS -- People who attended the Lighting of Old City Hall expected holiday tunes, hot cocoa, wagon rides, dazzling lights, and a visit from Santa Claus.
- Louisiana’s massive ‘Celebration Gator’ float set to debut in Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
- Seventh Ward Elementary recognizes students for showing responsibility
- Southeastern recognizes distinguished alumni, others at awards banquet
- Southeastern Channel named best in nation, Livingston Parish native among honorees
- French Settlement Beta members participate in Leadership Summit
Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have emphasized the environmental angle of their so-called “Build Back Better” Act. Many of these provisions, however, amount to little more than taxpayer-funded giveaways to renewable energy companies. No provision epitomizes this sad reality than the possible exte…
- OPINION | Proposed rail regulations would slow down Santa’s sleigh
- OPINION | Jim Spring: China's Hypersonic Missile Test: A Sputnik Moment for USA
- OPINION | Dr. Fauci warned about coronaviruses in 2003 but didn’t act on it
- OPINION | Is Big Tech bad at business?
- OPINION | Dated work regulations are hurting Louisianans
The Southeastern Louisiana University Symphony Orchestra will present a concert titled “American Classics” Dec. 1, at 7 p.m. in Pottle Music Auditorium.
- Denham Springs singer, Music Hall of Famer releases new album
- ‘Continue to fight’ | Walker man hopes to inspire others in book
- Southeastern theatre to present dark comedy ‘Big Love’ in unconventional venue
- Check out the entertainment lineup for Fall Fest
- Car show, food trucks, music to hit Denham Springs in upcoming festival