Things went from bad to worse in the Livingston Parish school system: Some of its biggest schools have canceled class due to an apparent strike. Read moreTwo Denham Springs-area schools cancel class Thursday due to apparent strike
- After sales tax proposal fails, school leaders postpone upcoming job fair due to ‘anticipated low turnout’
- FINANCE | Could you cope with long-term care costs?
- Proposed sales tax in Killian fails
- Erin Sandefur wins special election to keep District 5 seat
- Livingston Parish schools superintendent releases statement following sales tax proposal fails
Nadine & Company Hair Studio celebrated its Denham Springs location on March 22 with an official ribbon-cutting ceremony with family, friends, and members and staff of Livingston Parish Chamber of Commerce. Read moreNadine & Co. Hair Studio opens in Denham Springs
- School employees say they’re ‘hurt, demoralized’ after sales tax fails: ‘Somehow we became the enemy’
- Law enforcement, communities honor fallen police officers
- Mami’s opens second Livingston Parish location
- Sandefur turning attention to council after winning special election: ‘I look forward to serving’
- One day after failing to reach a quorum, parish council cancels March 27 meeting; next meeting April 13
DISTRICT 5-5A BASEBALL | Live Oak's Pruitt strikes out nine in win over DSHS; Dutchtown shuts out Walker
Live Oak’s Sawyer Pruitt threw a complete game three-hitter and struck out nine as the Eagles picked up a 4-1 win over Denham Springs in District 5-5A baseball action at Denham Springs on Thursday.
- SOFTBALL ROUNDUP | Maurepas, Albany get wins; Springfield falls
- DISTRICT 5-5A SOFTBALL | Live Oak gets 10-run fourth to top Walker; East Ascension outlasts DSHS
- GIRLS BOWLING | Denham Springs finishes season as state runner-up
- SOFTBALL | Holden rallies over French Settlement in seventh inning
- TRACK & FIELD | Denham Springs girls start fast to claim third straight parish title
Four Southeastern Louisiana University students have been named recipients of Emmy scholarships.
The United States trade deficit is close to $1 trillion and this should be a concern, especially for conservatives. Our trade deficit with China is $382 billion and in 2022 the United States imported $538 billion from China.
- OPINION | Universal charitable deduction helps people address needs in their own backyard
- Clark Robertson: Spring – Take 2
- OPINION | Letter to the editor: Vote yes for strong schools, strong communities
- OPINION | Letter to the editor: Let teachers know you care about them with your vote
- OPINION | Letter to the editor: Enough is enough in overtaxed Livingston Parish
Students in the Live Oak-area talented theatre program put on multiple productions of “Alice!!!”, a play by Dennis Maganza that is based on Lewis Carroll’s “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.”
- Spotlight Theater Players presents ‘Sweet Delilah Swim Club’ production | Photo Gallery
- Southeastern Contemporary Art Gallery to present student exhibition
- LPPS Talented Arts Program presents ‘Beauty and the Beast, Jr.’ | Photo Gallery
- Southeastern to exhibit artwork by sculptor
- Arts Council of Livingston Parish featuring Louisiana Photographic Society in latest exhibit
Tabitha Paige Starkey and Holly Elizabeth Culpepper exchanged vows at sunset on the beach in Long Beach, Mississippi, on February 14, 2023.