“It is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart,” says former first lady Laura Bush of the Trump administration policy of “zero tolerance,…
BATON ROUGE – House lawmakers agreed to renew 0.45 percent of the one-cent sales Friday afternoon in a breakthrough on deadlock on how to create new revenue for the 2019 state budget. Read more
- Louisiana State Police: Vehicle crash claims life of Livingston Parish man on I-55 in Tangipahoa Parish
- State Police book Denham Springs man on 5th offense DWI
- School system to hand out 15,000 meals to summer students
- Suspect arrested in theft of man's wallet
- "EXTREME DEADLOCK" | State lawmakers remain at stalemate on sales tax, differ on Supreme Court decision
Perhaps the highlight-reel catch from Denham Springs High School’s Cade Doughty helped to seal the deal.
- Differing motives: Whether for love of game or sharpening skills, DSHS trio bonded by soccer
- GIRLS BASKETBALL | Conclusion to DSHS-Walker game could add intrigue to future meetings
- BASEBALL | Pelletier helps pave way for Walker in 8-2 Metro League triumph over Denham Springs
- Walker at DSHS baseball | Photo gallery
- BOYS BASKETBALL | Depleted Eagles catch fire late, pull away for comfortable win over Gators
Wyatt Wales, son of Richard and Kathy Wales of Walker, recently graduated with a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering, with a minor in mathematics, from Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas.
- Southeastern Louisiana University Alumni Association announces board of directors
- ‘A produce geek’ | Carter’s Supermarket produce manager tabbed for national award
- 5K fundraiser pulls in $100,000 for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Children learn ‘sound of science’ in Livingston Parish Library program
- Kenny Sharpe: Summertime calls for monitoring of annual lespedeza, Virginia buttonweed
“It is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart,” says former first lady Laura Bush of the Trump administration policy of “zero tolerance,” under which the children of illegal migrants are being detained apart from their parents.
- OPINION | John Dupont: Different regions of the country, similar fears abound
- OPINION | Editorial: Unpopular choices face Legislature
- OPINION | Call & Comment published June 21, 2018
- OPINION | Melanie Coker: Should I stay or should I go now?
- OPINION | McHugh David: The News has done good, but our goal is to do better
DENHAM SPRINGS -- Seven students ranging from elementary to high school recently worked on their acting chops in an “Intro to Acting” camp sponsored by the Arts Council of Livingston Parish.
- Arts Council of Livingston Parish holds 'Intro to Acting' camp | Photo Gallery
- ‘Out of your comfort zone’ | Tri-Parish Ballet shakes things up with production based on ‘Greatest Showman’
- Tri-Parish Ballet presents 'La Carnival'
- Pro wrestling event coming to North Park Recreation Center
- ‘A little F.L.P.’ | Livingston Parish native brings baroque sounds of 17th-, 18th-century France to life
Eric and Geri Pittman of Denham Springs are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Courtney Melissa Pittman, to Blane Edward Roy, the son of Carl and Jouana King Roy of Watson.